Consumer Finance Class Actions & Litigation
Expert defense strategies for in-house and outside counsel on navigating class actions, litigation, and government enforcement actions in the consumer finance industry
Thursday, January 31 to Friday, February 01, 2013
New York Marriott Downtown, New York, NY
Consumer financial services companies are facing unprecedented regulatory and enforcement scrutiny and mounting litigation, and there is no sign of change coming anytime soon. That is why it is essential that in-house an outside counsel have a mastery of new class action trends, emerging theories of liability, the latest enforcement actions and regulatory initiatives, and the most effective defense and settlement strategies.
It is with this in mind that American Conference Institute has developed its 15th National Conference on Consumer Finance Class Actions & Litigation. We have assembled an unparalleled faulty of federal and state regulatory and enforcement officials, senior in-house counsel, renowned federal and state judges, and leading outside defense counsel who will provide you with expert advice, critical insights, and comprehensive updates on:
• The latest enforcement actions and initiatives from the CFPB and other federal and state agencies, and their impact on the consumer finance industry
• Mortgage and foreclosure litigation: defending against TILA claims and defeating foreclosure defenses and borrower stall tactics
• New and emerging strategies for defending against claims and class actions relating to TCPA, FDCPA, and FCRA
• Managing and defending against class actions and claims arising from add-on services and products, credit/debit cards, and student loans
• Judicial perspectives on class certification, arbitration, settlement considerations, bankruptcy litigation, e-discovery, and more
• Analyzing debt collection litigation trends and using that information to prevent future lawsuits
• Fair lending: managing and defending against claims of discriminatory lending and assessing the status of ‘disparate impact’ in lending litigation and enforcement
• How the courts are applying Wal-Mart v. Dukes and AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion and their progeny to consumer finance litigation and how best to argue against class certificate.
PLUS, add value to your attendance by also registering for the exclusive pre-conference Residential Mortgage Litigation Master Class:Advanced Defense Strategies for Residential Mortgage Litigation & Regulatory Enforcement: Navigating New Litigation Hurdles, Responding to Borrower Counterclaims and Stall Tactics, and Adapting to the Evolving Regulatory and Enforcement Paradigm
January 30, 2013 | 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Register now by calling 1-888-224-2480 or by faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563. You can also register online at www.AmericanConference.com/CFCA.
- click image for pdf -
- Actions -
- Share -
Thu, Jan 31, 2013
Fri, Feb 01, 2013
New York Marriott Downtown
New York, NY