Structuring, Negotiating and Managing Life Sciences
Collaborative Agreements and Acquisitions
Maximizing Rewards in Your M&A, Licensing, Strategic Alliances and Partnering Deals
Monday, March 31 to Wednesday, April 02, 2014
The Carlton Hotel, New York, NY
As biotech and pharma business models increasingly rely on the strength and value of partnerships, ACI has designed it’s 18th Advanced Forum on Structuring, Negotiating and Managing Life Sciences Collaborative Agreements and Acquisitions to provide you with cutting edge insights into how to form and maintain relationships for meeting your company’s critical needs. A front line faculty of leading deal-makers including senior representatives from Aptalis Pharma, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc., Celgene Corporation, Gilead Sciences, Inc., Lexicon Pharmaceuticals Inc., Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Sanofi Pasteur Inc. and more will provide practical and time tested insights to help you develop a dynamic alliance strategy and negotiate successful and lucrative deals.
You will learn best practices that will enable your company to advance its most critical business development strategies, including putting more products in the pipeline and providing for jumpstarts in revenues. Specific guidance will be provided on how to structure transactions to allow for entry into important emerging markets, and on building flexible provisions for potential future M&A into your agreements. You will learn how to structure options and payments in alternative ways to meet specific strategic needs, and to provide for the sharing of key costs and risks relating to clinical trial results and securing regulatory approvals. In addition, special guidance will be provided for overcoming the unique challenges raised by negotiating with different types of research institutions.
While collaborations can be used to replenish pipelines and open up emerging areas, potential partners are increasingly seeking to retain valuable product rights, and power dynamics make it difficult to secure licenses or market access without granting potentially lucrative co-development options. In addition, international competition is increasing, markets are changing, and M&A activity is heating up again and must be factored into any negotiation going forward. ACI has specifically developed this 18th Advanced Forum on Structuring, Negotiating and Managing Life Sciences Collaborative Agreements and Acquisitions to provide guidance for meeting all these challenges in your future negotiations and enable you to translate recent trends like personalized medicine into winning agreements.
Without proper IP due diligence, a pharmaceutical or biotech company can get blindsided and a potentially lucrative opportunity can vanish. Add significant value to your experience by attending our Post-Conference Master Class: Conducting Effective & Strategic Due Diligence for Life Science Partnering and M&A. This thorough and hands-on session will enable you to learn in one day how to spot the right red flags and do cost-effective diligence in the global life sciences context.
At American Conference Institute’s 18th Advanced Forum on Life Sciences Collaborative Agreements and Acquisitions, a seasoned faculty of business development, licensing, and alliance management executives from top life sciences will help you enable your company to advance its key growth strategies. In just two days, these experienced professionals will share:
· In-depth analysis of recent trends in collaboration
· Valuable strategies for managing fruitful alliances
· Best practices for structuring deals to maximally benefit all parties
· Tips for working with academic institutions
· Methods for crafting effective termination provisions
· Mitigating the risk of antitrust enforcement
· Understanding the effect of patent reform and recent Supreme Court decisions on deal-making
· Exposing deal killing IP problems before they wreak havoc
· Strategies for entering into emerging markets via partnering and cross-border agreements
In addition, exclusive interactive in-depth workshops will cover:
· PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP: David and Goliath: Guidance for Smaller Companies on Negotiating with Larger, More Experienced Organizations.
· POST-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP: Conducting Effective & Strategic Due Diligence for Life Science Partnering and M&A
Take this opportunity to get the most current and comprehensive information and advice regarding strategic partnering agreements in an environment that will provide valuable networking opportunities.
Hear what prior attendees have said about this annual event:
· “Generally very good, very informative and well-organized.”
· “Very useful. Good content and topics were relevant.”
· “Great! I had never been to an ACI meeting before – great conference!”
· “Excellent. Very satisfactory – thank you!”
· “Awesome! I’ll be back.”
· “Very enjoyable and informative conference; would attend again.”
· “The program was very informative. Case study presentations were particularly helpful.”
· “The speakers were excellent.”
For information on sponsoring or exhibiting at this event, contact Wendy Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To secure your seat at the table register now for this timely event by calling 888.224.2480, by fax at 877.927.1563, or register online at americanconference.com/collaborations. Group discounts are available - maximize your networking opportunities and save on registration fees by sending a group!
- click image for pdf -
- Actions -
- Share -
Mon, Mar 31, 2014
Wed, Apr 02, 2014
The Carlton Hotel
New York, NY