OFAC Enforcement and Compliance
Now in its fifth successful year, American Conference Institute’s Advanced Forum on OFAC Compliance and Enforcement is widely regarded as the premier benchmarking and networking event for sanctions professionals. This advanced, flagship conference focuses on the most complex, hot button issues that impact global financial, insurance and export transactions.
Big ticket settlements, including JPMorgan, Flowserve, Credit Suisse, Lloyds and Barclays Bank demonstrate the potentially heavy price tag associated with U.S. sanctions violations, as well as the U.S. government’s resolve to aggressively prosecute OFAC violations. Such enforcement activity will undoubtedly continue and underscores the importance of strengthening internal risk-based sanctions compliance programs.
Amid evolving sanctions against Iran, Syria and other regimes, and strict EU sanctions, U.S. and foreign entities with global operations face unprecedented enforcement risks.
The highly sophisticated 2012 agenda is fully updated, featuring a newexpert speaker line-up of senior government officials, industry professionals and private practice experts.
New 2012 OFAC and HM Treasury (UK) Keynote Addresses:
- Adam J. Szubin, Director, OFAC
- Mikael Down, Deputy Director, Sanctions and Illicit Finance Team, HM Treasury (London)
First-Hand Insights and Q & A with Senior OFAC Officials:
- Jonathan Thomas, Chief, Regulated Industries Oversight & Evaluation
- Alexandre Manfull, Chief, Blocked Assets Administration and Analysis
- Lorraine B. Lawlor, Chief of Compliance Outreach
- Michael Geffroy, Assistant Director for Enforcement
- Dennis Wood, Assistant Director, Sanctions Compliance & Evaluation
- Andrea Gacki, Assistant Director for Licensing
Hear from the State Department on CISADA and Other Policy Updates:
- Linda Specht, Director, Office of Terrorism Finance and Economic Sanctions Policy, U.S. Department of State
New 2012 Speakers from DOJ, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, OCC and The New York County District Attorney’s Office:
- Sean O’Malley, Vice President and Deputy Chief Investigator for Enforcement, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Steven W. Pelak, National Export Coordinator, U.S. Department of Justice
- Adam Kaufmann, Executive Assistant District Attorney, Chief of the Investigation Division, The New York County District Attorney’s Office
- Indira Crum, BSA/AML Compliance Specialist, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Beverly Jules, Supervising Examiner, Federal Reserve Bank of New York