Hatch Waxman Boot Camp Chicago
Monday, June 09 to Tuesday, June 10, 2014
InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile, Chicago, IL
ACI, the nation’s premier provider of life sciences intellectual
property conferences, is pleased to announce that the primer
course in its Hatch-Waxman Series is coming to Chicago.
Understand the interplay of IP and FDA regulation relative to pharma/biotech patents vis-à-vis Hatch-Waxman
A thorough understanding of Hatch-Waxman is absolutely essential to anyone working in the biopharmaceutical area. This knowledge sets the foundation for the protection of small molecules and small proteins and provides the tools to ponder an IP and regulatory framework for what lies beyond the realm of traditional pharmaceuticals. The highly regulated nature of the products which the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries manufacture dictates that the patenting of these products be closely tied to regulatory approval by the FDA. Anyone who works in the life sciences industry—and who even remotely deals with its IP—must be well versed in the regulatory components and IP subtleties that play such an integral role in the patenting of its products.
Master the intricacies of the patent and regulatory framework for drugs and biologics.
A faculty of top-notch IP and regulatory counsel—all having a wealth of experience through working for brand names and generics as well as biopharmas—will share their knowledge on:
• The organization and jurisdiction of the FDA and the PTO and their interplay in the patenting of drugs and biologics
• How the approval process for drugs and biologics is connected to the patenting of these products
• Pre-patent considerations relative to R&D and patent portfolio and patent life cycle management
• How the Hatch-Waxman Act established the paradigm for market entry of generic small molecule drugs – and how the BPCIA may establish a new paradigm for the market entry of biosimilars
• The relationship between patent and non-patent exclusivity
• The importance of patenting bioequivalence characteristics in certain drug products
• The ins and outs of patent term extension under 35 U.S.C. § 156 and 37 CFR 1.710 – 1.791
To complete your conference experience, attend the Interactive Biosimilars Strategy Session, which will provide an overview of the law governing biosimilars and will then delve into interactive hypotheticals about the inner-workings of the BPCIA and anticipated litigation scenarios.
Attend this conference and learn to navigate your way through the IP and regulatory mazes that play such a crucial role in your practice areas. Register now by calling 1-888-224-2480, faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563, or registering online at www.AmericanConference.com/HWBootCamp
- click image for pdf -
- Actions -
- Share -
Mon, Jun 09, 2014
Tue, Jun 10, 2014
InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile