American Conference Institute's 3rd Comprehensive Guide to
The critical industry forum on the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Wednesday, January 22 to Thursday, January 23, 2014
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Times Square, New York, NY
The America Invents Act is in full effect, and with each passing day the uncertainty surrounding the progress of its implementation decreases. Stay abreast of these developments in order to better prepare for the future.
For the first time in sixty years, the fundamentals of the patent system were overhauled by the America Invents Act (AIA). With such provisions as the expansion of the definition of prior art and creation of a first-to-file system, practice before the Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) has changed from the moment your patent application goes through the door. Numerous parties have taken advantage of the new post-grant proceedings—including inter partes review (IPR), supplemental re-examination, and covered business methods—and the implementation of the post-grant review proceeding looms on the horizon. Develop a plan to deal with the new landscape of the patent system by hearing from practitioners and government officials on the front lines of these changes.
“Know what’s weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change, but pretty soon…everything’s different.” ~ Bill Watterson
American Conference Institute’s 3rd Comprehensive Guide to Patent Reform dives into the uncertain waters of the implementation of the AIA and sheds light onto its depths by offering insights from senior officials at the PTO, experienced in-house counsel from top innovators, and private practice experts. Our distinguished faculty will discuss such issues as:
· Transitioning to a first-to-file system
· Performing due diligence now that “prior art” has been expanded
· Exploring effective strategies for the new post-grant proceedings
· Analyzing the impact of patent reform on Hatch-Waxman litigation
· Protecting diagnostic methods through detailed patent prosecution
Maximize your ability to protect your or your client’s patent portfolio by attending innovative working groups
We are pleased to offer you informative and hands-on workshops which will complete your conference and networking experience:
· Patent Reform 101: A Primer on the Fundamental Provisions of the America Invents Act will provide you with an overview of the changes orchestrated by the AIA, setting the necessary framework for the more rigorous examinations of strategies and procedures discussed in the main conference
· Patent Litigation Case Law Year in Review—An In-Depth Analysis of Major Cases and Their Effects on Patent Eligibility, Enablement, Pleading Requirements, Claim Construction, and More will discuss the landmark decisions of the year and those that are pending determination, so that you can stay abreast of the evolution of the industry.
In this costly, ever-changing and decidedly unique niche of litigation, not a moment can be lost. Register now by calling 1-888-224-2480, faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563, or online.
The full conference agenda is on the way soon but for information on speaking opportunities, please contact Christopher Soverow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- click image for pdf -
- Actions -
- Share -
Wed, Jan 22, 2014
Thu, Jan 23, 2014
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Times Square
New York, NY