The industry’s leading litigators and in-house counsel are meeting in Dallas on September 26–27, 2016. Attend to benchmark your current strategies, learn the latest government enforcement and regulatory priorities, and get judicial insights from top State judges and Federal judges from district and bankruptcy courts.
ACI’s 21st Residential Mortgage Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement conference will provide attendees with a revamped agenda reflecting the latest insights and expert advice from our exceptional faculty on defending against lending, servicing and foreclosure litigation, and will keep you ahead of the curve with regard to increased enforcement efforts and the evolving regulatory paradigm at both the federal and state level. Sessions include:
- The CFPB’s ever increasing oversight of the Residential Mortgage industry: imminent rulemaking, top trending areas for enforcement, the PHH action and its impact on mortgage servicing agreements, plus examinations, investigations, administrative actions and appealing CFPB decisions
- TRID one year out: benchmarking your compliance and implementation efforts, problems/grievances since the rule’s implementation and early enforcement/litigation activity
- CFPB’s mortgage data collection rule (HMDA): understanding the final rule and how to gear up for compliance, plus technological implications and possible litigation with regard to fair lending
- TCPA in the residential mortgage industry: impact of the FCC order, litigation and settlement trends, emerging defense strategies, class action certification issues, and staying ahead of the curve in the face of complex and unclear rules
- Article III standing including the impact of Spokeo, overcoming contested foreclosures, and responding to borrower counterclaims and stall tactics
- Mortgage servicing review: continued fallout from the servicing rules, amendments to the rules, issues arising from mortgage servicing transfers, litigation and enforcement concerns, servicer liability under the FDCPA and the FCRA, determining and implementing best practices, defending against new and innovative borrower claims, and more
- The current state of litigation related to repurchase/indemnification demands
- Fair lending updates: status of disparate impact since Texas Department of Housing; increased enforcement by regulators including the CFPB; using UDAAP where other statutes or regulations fail; the latest litigation strategies and recent themes and issues
- A focus on class actions: Supreme Court activity including the decision in Tyson Foods — ‘certification by statistics’ — and Campbell-Ewald and its impact on rule 68, plus CAFA and removal developments and the latest on early resolution and settlement strategy
PLUS, add value to your attendance by also registering for the Interactive Master Class:
Managing and Defending Against Class Actions: What Counsel Must Know to Avoid Class Certifications, Prevail Against New and Emerging Plaintiff Strategies, Assess the Latest Filings, and Obtain Favorable Settlements
Register now by calling 1-888-224-2480 or by faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563. You can also register online.