Trial by Juror: Overcoming Challenges with Jury Selection, Communicating with Multigenerational Jurors, and Practical Guidance on Diffusing Juror Bias
- Addressing the considerable amount of mistrust expressed by the public toward pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers
- Additional challenges posed by millennials who are exhibiting unprecedented levels of skepticism
- Extrapolating specific ways for the defense bar to start to regain the trust and dispel current notions prevalent among the potential jurors
- Knowing how to best position a case before reaching the opening statement phase
- Necessity of the defense trial team to research and know the community they are trying a case in is becoming exceedingly important given that the plaintiffs’ bar has been strategic with how, where, and when it chooses to focus its very targeted advertising, which results in a tainted jury pool.
- Looking at the need to understand how juries think about advancements and developments in science and medicine (i.e., jury questionnaire, mini opening statements before voir dire, etc.)