Defense Counsel Only War Room
Open to defense counsel only — Join your peers for a state-of-the-industry analysis and candid discussion about the latest and greatest in plaintiffs’ tactics. In-house and law firm defense counsel are encouraged to participate in this unique, interactive networking session that will set the stage for the topics discussed in-depth throughout the event and provide you with valuable takeaways about what your peers from around the country are seeing from the plaintiffs’ bar. Discussion will include:
- Jurisdictional issues
- Discovery, including cross-border discovery
- Successful motions to dismiss and other dispositive motions
- Litigation tactics in aggregated cases: multiple plaintiff trials
- Defending against junk science and using good science/literature to bolster your defense
- Punitive damages: to bifurcate or not bifurcate?
- In-house counsel: how can your clients better serve you? Outside counsel: how can your clients be better partners?
- Analysis of the recent wave of cases in device litigation where courts have been excluding evidence of the 510k clearance process
- A survey of the less known but important decisions impacting the drug and device space