Workshop A: Defense Counsel Only War Room
What is it about?
Open to defense counsel only — Join your peers for a state-of-the-industry analysis and candid discussion about the latest and greatest in plaintiffs’ bar tactics, as well as lessons learned from 2019’s biggest defense victories. In-house and law firm defense counsel are encouraged to participate in this unique, interactive networking session that will set the stage for the topics discussed in depth throughout the event and provide you with valuable
takeaways about what your peers from around the country are seeing from the plaintiffs’ bar.
- Analyzing select mass torts, bellwether trials and key state court proceedings (including state MDLs) from around the country: what tactics are plaintiffs’ attorneys using?
- Assessing drugs or devices which may be ripe for products liability litigation in 2020 in light of adverse event reports, social media postings and attorney advertising
- Developing strategies for successful motions to dismiss and other dispositive motions
- Key players: identifying which plaintiff firms are currently driving litigation, as well as the frequently testifying experts to look out for
- Deconstructing recent noteworthy jury verdicts: what language and themes are resonating with today’s jurors?
- Devising effective tactics for winning cases in unfriendly jurisdictions
- Identifying and effecting key settlement strategies
12:30 – 2:00
Workshop Luncheon: Available to Participants Attending Both Morning and Afternoon Workshop Sessions