The Fair Credit Reporting ACT (FCRA) and A Matter of Standing: Demonstrating the Degree of Harm Required to Certify a Class
What is it about?
- Reviewing the Spokeo decision, the definition of Article III standing, and the implications of the decision for the consumer financial services industries
- Examining when an alleged injury in fact is sufficient for Article III standing to bring claims under FCRA
- Determining whether the claims asserted will survive a motion to dismiss under Rule 12(b)(1) due to lack of standing
- Spotting the availability of individual and binding arbitration
- Employing FCRA-specific class action defenses