The K&L Gates Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption practice is a powerful combination of extensive experience in a broad range of industries with a global reach, allowing us to meet client needs promptly and efficiently, wherever they arise. Our global team has represented clients in numerous cross-border investigations and government enforcement matters, as well as providing merger/acquisition due diligence, anti-corruption training, and compliance reviews. Our practice includes:
- More than 40 of our lawyers around the world have experience handling matters arising under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”); the U.K. Bribery Act; related anti-money laundering, fraud, and sanctions laws; and the anti-corruption laws of numerous other jurisdictions.
- Members of our team have decades of experience, both as former prosecutors and white collar defenders. Our group includes:
- A former U.S. attorney general;
- Former senior officials at the U.S. Department of Justice, including a former U.S. Attorney and numerous Assistant U.S. Attorneys who focused on financial and white collar crime;
- Former senior officials at the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including a former senior member of the SEC’s FCPA specialized unit; and
- Longstanding practitioners who have spent their entire careers at the defense bar.
- We have handled matters in more than 60 different countries including boots-on-the-ground experience in Africa, Latin America, the Middle East, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, and Australia.
- Our team is supported by our broader platform of 45 offices, giving us additional resources and local expertise in virtually all of the world’s major commercial centers.