The K&L Gates Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption practice is a powerful combination of extensive experience in a broad range of industries with a global reach, allowing us to meet client needs promptly and efficiently, wherever they arise. Our global team has represented clients in numerous cross-border investigations and government enforcement matters, as well as providing merger/acquisition due diligence, anti-corruption training, and compliance reviews. Our practice includes:
- More than 40 of our lawyers around the world have experience handling matters arising under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”); the U.K. Bribery Act; related anti-money laundering, fraud, and sanctions laws; and the anti-corruption laws of numerous other jurisdictions.
- Members of our team have decades of experience, both as former prosecutors and white collar defenders. Our group includes:
- A former U.S. attorney general;
- Former senior officials at the U.S. Department of Justice, including a former U.S. Attorney and numerous Assistant U.S. Attorneys who focused on financial and white collar crime;
- Former senior officials at the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including a former senior member of the SEC’s FCPA specialized unit; and
- Longstanding practitioners who have spent their entire careers at the defense bar.
- We have handled matters in more than 60 different countries including boots-on-the-ground experience in Africa, Latin America, the Middle East, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, and Australia.
- Our team is supported by our broader platform of 45 offices, giving us additional resources and local expertise in virtually all of the world’s major commercial centers.
Learn more at klgates.com and http://www.klgates.com/foreign-corrupt-practices-act-fcpa-practices/.