FOCUS ON MATERIALITY
Practical Debate of How Materiality will be Assessed in Cases Going Forward
Counsel to Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
Office of the Attorney General, State of New York (New York, NY)
Co-Chief, Civil Frauds Unit
US Attorney's Office, Southern District of New York (New York, NY)
- What the Defense can take away from the renewed emphasis on materiality requirement in Escobar?
- Government Prosecutors’ view on what is ‘material’?
- To what extent does the heightened materiality requirement open the door to discovery against the Government?
- Wider application of new standards of materiality: to what extent is it limited to implied false certification
- How states will follow and adopt this standard of materiality