What Major Actual and Proposed Legislative Changes mean for Complying Firms’ Positions
- Impact of doubling of civil penalties for FCA violations to more than $21,000 per claim
- Effect of Medicare’s “60-day rule” for reimbursements
- What is the scope of and the early activity under the FAST Act?
- Potential for reduced damages if certified compliance programs in place?
- Could the DOJ be forced to pay for defense costs if cases deemed not meritorious?
- Other proposals to improve the fairness of FCA: how likely are changes to be made in the coming years?
- Proposals for new or strengthened whistleblower programs and their prospects for adoption