Exploring Ethical Requirements When Working Through the Patent and Trademark Process
Donald H. Heckenberg, Jr.
Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto (Washington, D.C.)
Michael E. McCabe Jr.
McCabe Law LLC (Potomac, MD)
Honorable Teresa Rea
Crowell & Moring LLP (Washington, D.C.)
- What is the role of the oath required with all filings with the Patent and Trademark Office?
- Who is responsible for reviewing and signing the necessary documents?
- What rules are observed when investigating the patents and trademarks of competing companies?
- Examining the “do’s and don’ts” for non-legal staff members working on filing matters
- Issues related to the implacability of prosecution bars and protective orders to PTAB proceedings