Workshop B – (International Delegate) | What are the “Ins and Outs” of an Effective Anti-Corruption Compliance Program Today?
This expert working session offers a unique opportunity to benchmark your anti-corruption compliance program with peers. Experienced workshop facilitators will discuss local as well as non-Mexican regulators’ expectations for an effective compliance program. The presenters will lay out a roadmap of best practices on multifarious topics and address questions and concerns of the audience to enable attendees to obtain real-world practical insights and information on lessons learned.
- Identifying the design, structure and backbone of an effective anti-corruption program
- How to groom the next generation of compliance champions at all layers of your organization:
- Assembling the best team
- Sharing ownership and commitment
- Operational and financial capacity
- Personnel and stakeholder communication, and the importance of relationship building
- How to achieve C-Suite buy-in for your compliance program
- What are appropriate financial resources for compliance: How to identify what resources are most critical to a robust program
- Cultural translation of compliance: 5 Hurdles to overcome to ensure robustness of your local anti-corruption training program
- How to entice, entertain and “gently frighten” your trainees to promote compliance and keep your periodic training “fresh”
- Best practices for third party intermediary and partner due diligence and ongoing monitoring
- How to leverage up-and-coming technology and data analytics that provide meaningful metrics and drive your compliance strategy: Dashboards, average headcount, average cycle time
- How to perform a program self-assessment and keep it current to satisfy government expectations: How to test whether your program is working
- How to expand your compliance program to include related commercial issues beyond anti-corruption: gray market issues, competition law compliance/issues, export control/compliance issues, etc.