The New Chinese Cybersecurity Law and Draft Encryption Law— What Does Compliance Now Involve in Practice?
Deputy Assistant USTR for China Affairs
Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (Washington, DC)
Dell (Austin, TX)
Covington & Burling LLP (Shanghai, China)
- Latest insights on the trade relationship between China and United States with reference to encrypted technologies and cyber tools
- The purpose, scope, and definitions supporting the Cybersecurity and Draft Encryption Laws
- Managing uncertainties of the implementation for these requirements
- What are the elements of an effective compliance program taking into account China’s new Cybersecurity and Draft Encryption Law?
- How companies can comply with and mitigate the risk of local enforcement