Recent, Significant CFIUS Transactions and What They Reveal About Future Deals: Lesser-Known Takeaways from Magnachip, Tencent, TikTok, ByteDance and More
Nancy A. Fischer
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Bridget R. Reineking
Former Senior Counsel and Co-Lead CFIUS Counsel, Office of the General Counsel
US Department of the Treasury
Brandon L. Van Grack
Morrison & Foerster LLP
This session will take a closer look at the precedent-setting action taken against Magnachip Semiconductor Ltd. and the practical questions and aftermath arising from this case. This session will look at what type of coordination occurs with foreign governments and what is reveals for future transactions.
- Exploring CFIUS jurisdiction and what causes intervention in a transaction
- What can now constitute a national security threat
- What constitutes U.S. business: The extent of a U.S. nexus
- Identifying what qualifies as a transaction?
- What can be considered as interstate commerce under the regulations?
- Discussing the potential impact of CFIUS involvement on the U.S. stock exchanges