ACI’s National Forum on FOCI is the only event on the market that provides actionable mitigation strategies for companies under Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence.
Companies under FOCI need to stay alert on many fronts. Given the various different requirements of DCSA, DOE and DHS, companies under Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence must be fully apprised of what it means to be under FOCI, as well as FOCI’s effect on a company seeking initial or continued eligibility for access to classified information. These implications become even more confounding when a National Security Determination (NID) comes into play.
Further, the intersection of FOCI mitigation with the CFIUS approval process requires a well thought-out strategy toward maximizing the chances of a favorable outcome – a process that has become even more complex given the recent passing of the anticipated CFIUS Reform (FIRRMA).
ACI’s 3rd National Forum on FOCI will bring together key stakeholders from government, industry and private practice, who are involved in some of the most significant matters to date. This year’s agenda is being revamped to provide solutions to the industry’s most pressing needs and to ensure practical and worthwhile discussions and takeaways.
Gain Key Insights on Topics Including:
- The Shifting Landscape of Expectations for Outside Directors and Proxy Holders
- Oversight of DoD Cybersecurity Requirements for Industry
- The Current State of National Interest Determinations (“NID”): Understanding the Requirements and Navigating the Procurement Process
- Risk-Based FOCI Mitigation: What Has and Hasn’t Worked?
- The Interplay of FOCI and the New Proposed CFIUS Regulations
- Affiliated Operations Plans (“AOP”): Process, Best Practices, and Common Pitfalls