Job Title: CLE/Office Coordinator
Reports to: Manager of Global Customer Service and Continuing Education
Location: New York City
The CLE/Office Coordinator is responsible for handling the requirements of the CLE accreditation sponsor and provides office administrative support. This position works with our production, events and customer service teams to ensure CLE requirements are met and provides support for back office administrative duties. To succeed in this position, you must be able to build relationships with customers and vendors and can successfully manage multiple projects in a timely manner. Extreme attention to detail, superb communication skills, must have a “can do” attitude, and support where necessary.
American Conference Institute is part of a global organization with offices in the US, Canada, and Europe that provides conferences around the world.
- Answering phone calls and e-mails from different entities regarding CLE accreditation
and customer service requests;
- Responsible for submitting applications PRE- and POST- conference for all CLE events to each state bar and maintain records for each course;
- Works with production team to ensure accreditation is calculated accurately;
- Applies for accreditation as a Continuing Education sponsor;
- Manage onsite CLE desk to ensure proper sign-in procedures and answer any questions;
- Creating CLE sign-in packages for all events;
- Requesting and sending out CLE checks to those states who require payments;
- Frequently updating CLE Master File with approvals from the State Bar;
- Fulfills accreditation certifications and report to State Commissions, Bars and other governing bodies;
- Provides support on resources and office requirements;
- Opens and distributes mail, packages and supplies;
- Logging delegate and sponsor checks into accounting database and making bank deposits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal;
- 1- 2 years of experience dealing with senior level executives;
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task, able to keep accurate records, and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- A go-getter with the ability to work in a very autonomous environment;
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Continuing Legal Education or another related accreditation experience is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) is essential.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Standard office environment and working hours.
- Lifting heavy boxes
American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted.
American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in Canada and Europe and is an equal opportunity employer.