Location: New York City
Are you an experienced attorney bored with the monotony of law firm life and looking for an alternative legal career? Are you intelligent, resourceful, highly motivated and eager to succeed? Do you enjoy the challenge of new ideas? Do you enjoy research and learning more about new and emerging business trends? Can you write well and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior executives? Would you like to be part of an organization that operates more like a think tank as opposed to a firm? If so, then the American Conference Institute may be the right career move for you.
American Conference Institute (ACI), a highly respected conference company, is seeking a Conference Producer at its Chelsea office to research, develop and execute continuing educational events for lawyers and senior-level corporate/business executives.
The ideal candidates will be energetic, enthusiastic, and quick learners who possess excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities. We’re looking for employees who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, where you’ll be able to learn a lot and make a major contribution.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A MEETING PLANNING POSITION.
American Conference Institute is part of a global organization with offices in the US, Canada, and Europe that provides conferences around the world. Our Production team is expanding and we are looking for an energetic, driven, team oriented professional to contribute as a highly motivated Conference Producer.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting telephone and in person research within a target market to develop conference agendas;
- Analyzing research and using critical thinking to develop commercial conference programs in various business and legal sectors that meet the stated needs of the market;
- Identifying, inviting and confirming appropriate speakers for conferences;
- Meeting established deadlines;
- Writing marketing copy for promotional conference brochures and other mailing pieces;
- Conducting ongoing research within an assigned area to further your industry knowledge and develop potential new conference ideas;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key professionals, industry leaders, senior executives and media within relevant vertical markets;
- Servicing customers in a professional, service-oriented manner during execution of daily work and onsite at conferences;
- Attending and overseeing conferences, including providing opening introduction, speaker assistance and support;
- Researching and providing the marketing department with strategic information required to market conferences, including: detailed information on the target market both in terms of industry sectors and disciplines and geographic markets, relevant industry associations, industry publications, and competitive events;
- Providing the sponsorship department with strategic information on potential sponsorship opportunities. Providing ongoing support to sponsorship as required;
- Working with and supporting a cross-functional team on an ongoing basis to ensure successful marketing and sponsorship of conferences.
- Conceptual ability to rapidly develop competent knowledge on diverse topics;
- Ability to conduct in-depth research via telephone, in person and using print and electronic media;
- Excellent networking and information gathering abilities;
- Good listening skills;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to break down complex concepts, make logical comparisons and identify underlying patterns and connections;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization;
- Engaging, professional and diplomatic demeanor;
- Customer service focus;
- Superior oral and written communications skills;
- Time and priority management skills necessary to complete work within established timeframes;
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities;
- Deadline and results oriented;
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed;
- Ability to analyze ideas from a commercial perspective;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Creativity, resourcefulness and an innovative approach;
- Comfortable with risk and uncertainty.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced Degree, such as JD or MBA preferred;
- At least 2 years business/law firm experience;
- Skill and experience using word processing programs, email and the internet to perform daily job functions efficiently;
- Working knowledge of Spanish, French or another language is a plus;
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally (10% travel).
American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted.
American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in Canada and Europe and is an equal opportunity employer.