Global Director of Sales
Global Director of Sales
New York, NY
Chief Operating Officer
Are you looking for a leadership role that directly influences business development for a reputable and evolving global organization? Do you value collaboration? Do you have proven experience in the conference industry? If so, then read on.
The Global Director of Sales manages all business development and sponsorship activities for the C5 Group of companies across its global offices. This role is responsible for growing sponsorship and revenue in the context of the broader organizational goals and objectives in partnership with the C5 Leadership Team. The incumbent oversees the global Sponsorship Sales Team and works closely with them in developing cross-functional opportunities with Marketing & Production. Embracing continuous improvement and implementing best practices is essential to securing contracts with new clients as well as managing ongoing contracts. The role maintains a comprehensive understanding and awareness of the markets and trends in order to customize client solutions and identify new business strategy for the organization.
- Utilize strong research and analytical skills to identify emerging gaps or opportunities in the marketplace.
- Work collaboratively with the sales, production and marketing teams to develop creative outreach strategies to attract and retain new and existing clients.
- Build a high performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates the team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions with these metrics.
- Collaborate with members of the C5 team to ensure an excellent client experience across all client interactions from needs assessment through delivery and follow up.
- Update and maintain sales training tools and available resources to accurately reflect expectations for performance, brand and company messaging.
- Work towards sales and revenue goals as established in partnership with the Leadership Team.
- Lead company’s planning and execution of strategies to increase sales and contribute to company growth.
- Utilize performance data to drive business development strategy recommendations.
- Manage sales targets, forecast results, manage annual plan documentation, commission review and bonus structures and payout approvals.
- Ensure sales team is trained and operating to effectively use the global CRM tool and develop and maintain reporting for pipeline progress and lead capture.
- Review draft proposals for new and existing clients. Ensure consistent representation cross-regionally for C5 offerings, packages, and price points.
- Promote, strengthen, institutionalize effective sales processes and provide quality control oversight and transparency to all business development functions and operations.
- Develop and implement a customer growth strategy for the acquisition of various segments. Develop and communicate a deep understanding of what motivates customer behavior for each customer segment.
- Oversee, maintain and cater to existing partnerships while providing insights and creative suggestions.
- Lead the formation of business partnerships and strategic relationships and the negotiation of contracts.
This role offers:
- Opportunity to shape the strategy and delivery of business development activities for the C5 Group of Companies located in Toronto, New York and London.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams globally.
- Benefits package & discounted gym membership
Education and Qualifications for the ideal candidate include:
- A bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of conference industry experience are required.
- Travel as required and participate in business conferences and meetings with potential clients as required.
- Successful track record of both generating new business and growing existing accounts as part of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales technology (CRM) is an asset.
- Proven ability to recruit, develop, mentor and train a cohesive sales team.
American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted.
American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in Canada and Europe and is an equal opportunity employer.