New York City
VP of Global Business Development
About Our Company:
American Conference Institute, a global organization with affiliates in Toronto, Canada and London, UK, has for over 30 years been one of U.S. leading providers of conferences and related products to senior leaders in the legal, business, and government sectors. With offices in New York, Toronto (Canada), and London (UK), our talented team of professionals believe that growth and success occurs when the power of people and the power of information come together. This position will be based out of our New York office.
The Sponsorship Coordinator will be responsible for administrative support, and assist Sponsorship Manager and team. In this role you will be responsible for performing various account management services and act as a direct liaison to our clients on a daily basis. To succeed in this position, you must be able to learn quickly and jump in without being asked. Extreme attention to detail, superb communication skills, must have a “can do” attitude and support where necessary.
- High proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word;
- Assists Department Manager with daily tasks;
- Manages client requests;
- Coordinates event sponsorships;
- Generates monthly accrual reports;
- Liaising with event management team;
- Manages numerous projects with different completion deadlines;
- General support of the sponsorship/ales team;
- Researches and supports where necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to create strong presentations;
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at once, demonstrating excellent time management skill, with attention to details;
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing to assist co-workers in tasks but also works well independently;
- Demonstrates diplomacy in the most difficult situations, remaining positive and composed;
- Ability to multi-task and work both independently and part of a team,
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to travel and provide on-site support for conferences;
- Must be organized, and detail oriented;
- Excellent computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) is essential;
- Excellent customer service skills are essential;
- Thrives in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Organized, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Pro-active and solutions-oriented – eager to take on new challenges;
- Able to communicate persuasively — both orally and in writing;
- Must be very good in developing PowerPoint, Excel and Word;
- High energy and enthusiasm;
- Able to strike the balance between working as a team as well as independently to manage individual work flow;
- Be able to work under pressure.
American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume
to [email protected].
(please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted.
American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in
Canada and Europe and is an equal opportunity employer.