How to Meet Recordkeeping Requirements and Facilitate Internal Data Accuracy for All Import Processes
Kathleen G Neal
Global Trade Director
Regal Beloit Corporation (Dallas, TX)
Manager, Import Compliance Corporate Customs and Trade Compliance
Abbott (Abbott Park, IL)
- What are the recordkeeping requirements by CBP?
- What are the most common missteps for recordkeeping?
- What happens if you do not have the required records to prove compliance?
- Scope of penalties and loss of duty benefits
- How data accuracy is integral to recordkeeping – and how to facilitate accuracy for customs teams
- Determining which records are needed for a CBP audit
- Documenting, filing, and accessing specific records such as FTAs, GSP, U.S. goods returned, etc