NEW! Industry Roundtable Discussion: How Industry is Responding to The Trump Administration’s Evolving Policy Priorities
Vice President, Government Accounting and Compliance
Harris Corporation (Melbourne, FL)
Executive Director, Business Systems & Chief Compliance Officer
Fluor Government Group (Greenville, SC)
Director of Information Technology and Finance
Creare (Hanover, NH)
Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP (Tysons, VA)
- Executive order placing a hiring freeze on federal employees and a new budget proposal that will require significant reduction of federal employees
- Required certification of business systems? Would external CPA firms or DCAA auditors perform the audits, and what would be the standards?
- Impact of eliminating wage determination on construction contractors (per the Davis-Bacon Act), and the possible increase in infrastructure spending
- If infrastructure spending increases, will joint ventures and public private partnerships increase? If so, what effect will they have on contractors’ compliance/audit positions?
- Cybersecurity: new rules (for ex., dual authentication) and how to ensure you are ready