DATA PRIVACY IN FLUX
The Expected and Unexpected of the Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados do Brasil (LGPD) and GDPR: How Industry is Revisiting Internal Investigations and Third Party Due Diligence and Management
Dr. Thomas Schürrle
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP (Germany)
Renato Opice Blum
Opice Blum, Bruno, Abrusio e Vainzof Advogados Associados
Legal Director Brazil, South Cone and Andean Countries, Privacy & Cybersecurity LATAM Lead
Renata F. Andrade
Willis Towers Watson
CAC OAB/SP Pinheiros
- How does the LGPD affect reporting and hotline management? What are new requirements that companies need to fulfil (e.g. hire a privacy counsel)?
- Overcoming the biggest data privacy hurdles when conducting an internal investigation
- How to design a thorough third party due diligence process in light of the most important data privacy regulations (LGPD, GDPR, etc.)
- What protections does the company need to put in place in order to collect, process and use data?
- Are political proposals for data interception and decryption of messages sent through services such as WhatsApp likely to become reality? What does it mean for compliance?
- How to handle data from customers and clients versus that of employees
- How the LGPD could impact communication between companies conducting an internal investigation and enforcement agencies whom they report to
- What companies should expect for enforcement of the LGPD: Prospects for the creation of a Brazilian privacy watchdog