GEOPOLITICS UNCERTAINTY & YOUR RISK CALCULUS
Politically Destabilized Markets and Regime Changes: Multinational Decision-Makers Offer Perspectives on Making the Newest, Toughest Legal and Compliance Calls
Kathryn G. Simpson
Vice President, Deputy General Counsel
Associate General Counsel – Compliance
General Counsel & Legal Officer
William D. Semins
K&L Gates LLP
- What it now takes to mitigate compliance risks in an increasingly destabilized international political environment Russia, Eastern Europe
- Is political destabilization unearthing corruption that would otherwise remain hidden?
- Practical considerations affecting your risk assessment and next steps:
- Determining who is in charge: How to ascertain the real-life political realities affecting your business and local employees
- Evaluating future, uncertain risks posed by regime changes: Will the next administration honor public contracts from its predecessor?
- How to know if you need to seek “political approval” for a permit or license?