Continuing Trends in Compliance and Regulation: An Update on What Is Taking Place Nationally and Internationally from a Regulatory as well as from a Compliance Standpoint and Will Captive Insurance Companies Continue to Have Access to
William P. White
Acuity Strategic Consulting
Locke Lord LLP
- Increased scrutiny by NAIC
- Will NAIC be focusing on captive industry more generally?
- Credit for reinsurance
- Increased scrutiny by Federal Insurance Office
- International Association of Insurance Supervisors’ increasing interest in captive insurance
- What are the implications of international regulatory oversight on regulation of US captives?
- Membership in the Federal Home Loan Banking System
- What does this mean?
- Why are captive insurance companies interested in becoming members and why is there a concern about their doing it?