The Healthcare Captive: Insuring Medical Stop-Loss Through a Captive and What Has Been the Insurance Market as well as Medical Providers’ Response to the Changes Effected by the Affordable Care Act?
DLA Piper LLP
Melissa A. Hancock
Strategic Risk Solutions
Senior Vice President, Director of Captive Management
- Special considerations on formation and capitalization
- How are hospital captives and physician-oriented captives adapting to mass consolidation?
- How did the Affordable Care Act change circumstances?
- What is different from the physicians’ perspective?
- What is different from insurers’ perspective?
- Medical stop-loss insurance placed through a captive
- How to structure it? How does medical stop-loss plan work in comparison to a fully insured plan?
- Is this a true 3rd party risk? Is the insured a company or individual employees?
- How much risk should be placed in a captive?
- What is an appropriate premium for a captive to charge?