Economic Sanctions restrictions are changing rapidly and the enforcement landscape has never been more complex. ACI has developed regional ONE-DAY comprehensive sanctions boot camps in San Francisco this October, in Chicago this November, and in Dallas and Miami in January 2020.
WHY ATTEND ECONOMIC SANCTIONS BOOT CAMP?
ACI’s Regional Economic Sanctions Boot Camp, offered in 4 locations, provides training and the skills you need to understand the complex world of economic sanctions. Attending this program will provide the expertise to understand and manage the evolving sanctions arena to minimize future risks for your organization.
This hands-on boot camp is designed to promote networking and to allow you the opportunity to get your questions answered. You will hear from expert speakers who are well versed in the current challenges that your company is facing. This program will provide training on all aspects of economic sanctions whether you work in trade compliance, financial crime, AML or anti-corruption.
In this session, we will introduce participants to the world of economic sanctions and how the current regulatory landscape is a high-risk area for your company. We will examine the roles of the primary agencies (OFAC, BIS and State), key definitions, types of sanctions and list-based sanctions program.
- Understand current restrictions for Russia, Iran, Cuba, Venezuela
- Identify the requirements for a sanctions’ compliance program
- Learn how to screen for SDNs and have an effective screening program
- Hear practical tips for working with OFAC
- Discuss the impact of the recent huge penalties and how OFAC enforces compliance
- Find out how to navigate the EU blocking statue
- Discover how to obtain an exemption or general or specific license
- Understand how this applies to your non-US subsidiaries
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE BOOTCAMP?
- Compliance, financial crime, anti-corruption, and risk management professionals including managers, officers and other team members in all industries
- Executives wanting to build their knowledge on the rapidly changing economic sanctions landscape
Build on your Knowledge by attending working groups customised for each location