Business Development Manager
Are you interested in joining an established organization that is looking at evolving? If so, then read on. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the full sales lifecycle for conferences and other events, and demonstrate an ability to thrive and be excited by the entire process from lead prospecting and closing all the way through to managing accounts.
The Business Development Manager will be relied upon to develop an acute understanding and general awareness of each market to creatively customize solutions to match clients’ needs, address pain points, and foster relationships. Successful business development managers must not only be results oriented, but also possess organizational skills as other duties may include creating sales plans, forecasting, reporting, and administration.
The Canadian Institute (CI) is devoted to providing the business intelligence that decision makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world. The Canadian Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge. Headquartered in Toronto, CI has grown to produce more than 140 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.
American Conference Institute is part of a global organization with staff in the US, Canada, and Europe that provides conferences around the world. Our Sponsorship Sales team is expanding and we are looking for several energetic, driven, team oriented professionals to contribute as highly motivated Business Development Managers.
- Understand and be able to effectively articulate the motivation to each event they’re managing & selling
- Ability to autonomously manage time, task, process and prosper in a remote work environment
- Maintain and grow pipelines
- Ability to Cold Call
- Ability to fully utilize CRM’s and other sales technology tools
- Ability to understand how to effectively lead source
- Demonstrate the ability to close and maintain high priced sales
- Manage clients process, and event sponsorship status effectively
- Deliver a high level of effective and articulate communications (verbal and written)
- Proven ability to meeting and exceed sales targets
- Professionalism in all communications (internal and external)
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years with business to business sales experience
- Knowledge of the Conference/Events Industry an asset
- Knowledge of the Legal Industry is an asset
- Education 4-year college degree or more
- An ability and willingness to travel (10-25% travel)
The C5 Group of companies consisting of The Canadian Institute (CI) and American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in the US and Canada and is an equal opportunity employer.
Remote (Canada or US Based)
Interested in joining the team?
If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]