Senior Event Manager
ACI is hiring for an energetic, experienced events professional. The primary role and responsibility of the Senior Event Manager is to source, contract venues to implement and execute the meeting logistics for the 140+ conferences held domestically and internationally by the C5 Group Inc. The position will report to the Director of Global Events for assigned and manage a team of Event Coordinators. This role will touch a total of 25 live and virtual events a year. The role will be a critical, contributing team member and will work with the cross functional teams, consultants and vendors to ensure smooth and engaging event for our partners.
American Conference Institute (ACI) is devoted to providing the business intelligence that decision makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world. American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge. Headquartered in New York City, ACI has grown to produce more than 140 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience managing and delivering multiple large scale events
- Manage all Event processes as it pertains to virtual event delivery
- Budget and expense management for assigned conferences to include: (1) Manage P&L’s, identifying and reporting areas of opportunity and/or challenge to the Director of Global Events; (2) Manage hotel/venue and all vendor contracts to meet approved budgeted expenses per line item; and (3) Provide a monthly and post conference final expense report to the Director of Global Events;
- Assist with site and hotel/venue selection, Request for Proposals (RFPs) and contracting for conferences;
- Develop and source RFPs for suppliers and vendors (audio visual, decorator, etc.) required for assigned conferences. Compile, analyze, recommend, final select and manage;
- Assist in creating the standard operating procedures document (SOP) and adhere to timelines;
- Create and manage a master contract critical obligations checklist for assigned conferences monitoring and executing all contracted obligations;
- Actively participate in all conference planning meetings;
- Logistics support to include but not limited to:
- Direct contact for contracted hotel/venue.
- Manage all meeting planning related vendors to include, but not limited to: housing (room block) a/v, registration, catering, transportation, destination management company (special events), production company etc.
- Create and maintain master staging guide, including meeting room assignments, floor plans and room sets.
- Set-up and manage all aspects of housing, including, reservations, room blocks, attrition management and weekly reporting.
- Create function sheets for hotel and review and approve corresponding BEOs.
- Produce Run of Show document for onsite use.
- If attending conference, all onsite logistics management including setting pre cons, managing food and beverage, audio visual, education room sets, sponsor sets, etc.
- Prepare and distribute a comprehensive post conference report to the Director of Global Events.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of related background, training and work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in managing event logistics & troubleshooting on a Virtual Platform.
- Previous experience with a conference management organization a plus.
- Previous experience managing multiple conferences (up to 30) per year.
- Previous experience managing a small team an asset.
- CMP Designation preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PDF and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment, producing quality outcomes while ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Possesses exceptional organizational and interpersonal communication (written and oral) skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently, and in a team environment.
- Takes initiative and has willingness to take ownership for assigned work.
- Strong work ethic with enthusiasm for learning all aspects of planning and executing education conferences.
- Willingness to learn and identify ways to adapt and improve outcomes that encourage greater efficiency before, during and after conferences.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Limited travel to budget approved conferences required. Varies by assigned conferences and includes weekends.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods.
American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in the US and Canada and is an equal opportunity employer.
Remote (New York City and Toronto, Canada)
Interested in joining the team?
If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]