Consumer financial services companies are facing unprecedented regulatory and enforcement scrutiny, mounting litigation, and costly class actions, and there is no sign of change coming anytime soon. That is why it is essential that in-house and outside counsel have a mastery of new class action litigation and settlement trends, emerging theories of liability, the latest enforcement actions and regulatory initiatives, and the most effective defense and settlement strategies.
It is with this in mind that American Conference Institute has developed its 27th National Conference on Consumer Finance Class Actions & Litigation. We have assembled an unparalleled faculty of federal and state regulatory and enforcement officials, senior in-house counsel, renowned federal and state judges, and leading outside counsel who will provide you with expert advice, critical insights, and comprehensive updates on:
- CFPB ENFORCEMENT TRENDS: ‘Regulation by Enforcement’ Including the Ever Expanding Use of UDAAP Provisions, Examinations, Investigations, Administrative Actions and Appealing CFPB Decisions, Evaluating the Bureau’s Enforcement Actions Against Non-Bank/Financial Institutions, and Individual Liability in CFPB Actions
- CFPB RULEMAKING UPDATES: The Proposed Rule on Mandatory Arbitration and its Implications Plus the Status of Debt Collection, Payday Lending and Other Forthcoming Rulemakings
- THE TELEPHONE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT (TCPA): Continued Uptick in Litigation with No End in Sight and Strategies for Modifying your Practices to Avoid Liability
- DEBT COLLECTION, LOSS MITIGATION AND CREDIT REPORTING: The CFPB’s Interest and Potential FDCPA Amendments, Plus Other Litigation and Enforcement Actions
- RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE WATCH: Lender and Servicer Class Action, Litigation, Settlement, and Procedural Trends with Regard to the Updated and Finalized CFPB Mortgage Servicing Rule, Loan Mods/The Expiration of HAMP, Lender-Placed Insurance, Duty of Care, and More
- CONSUMER FINANCE CLASS ACTION LITIGATION AND SETTLEMENT TRENDS: Certification, Class Ascertainability Issues, and Other Procedural Developments, New Cases, Emerging Theories of Liability, and Recent Developments in Settlement Strategies
- SUPREME COURT REVIEW: Decision in Tyson Foods – ‘Certification by Statistics’
- Decision in Campbell-Ewald and its Impact on Rule 68, And the Impact of the Spokeo Decision on Article III Standing
- FAIR LENDING: Managing and Defending Against Claims of Discriminatory, Predatory, and Abusive Lending and Assessing the Status of ‘Disparate Impact’ in Lending Litigation and Enforcement
Register now by calling 1-888-224-2480 or by faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563. You can also register online.
485 Brickell Avenue Miami, Florida 33131
American Conference Institute Institute is pleased to offer our delegates a limited number of hotel rooms at the preferential rate of $319/night taxes. Please note that this rate is will expire January 9, 2017, and is only available until ACI’s block is sold out. Reservations made after this time are subject to hotel availability and rate.
To reserve a room at the discounted rate please book online using the reservation link provided below. Alternately you may call the hotel directly and mention “ACI January Group”.