Attend ACI’s 9th Annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Cosmetics and Personal Care Products to ensure you receive timely advice from our prestigious faculty of government officials, consumer protection advocates, leading in-house counsel, and premier law firm attorneys.
Leading thought leaders for the cosmetics and personal care industries and key government officials will help you:
- Analyze the impact of recent and pending state and federal legislation affecting the cosmetics and personal care industry
- Address consumer demand for clean, natural, sustainable, and ethical products
- Assess the impact of monograph reform and the FDA’s deemed final orders on cosmetics and personal care products
- Examine future use of sunscreen in the cosmetics and personal care industry
- Explore the role, reach, and risks of influencers in product promotion
- Understand IP protections and anti-counterfeiting assurances for cosmetics
Locke Lorde LLP
Secretary and General Counsel and Member of the Board of Directors
Independent Beauty Association
Global Marketing Counsel
Estée Lauder Companies
Senior Corporate Counsel
Weleda (Irvington, NY)
Annie M. Ugurlayan
Assistant Director, National Advertising Division
BBB National Programs, Inc.
Benefit Cosmetics (San Francisco Bay Area, CA)
VP Legal, Global Supply and Patents
COTY (New York, NY)
President and CEO
Rare Beauty Brands
Network and Benchmark with Representatives from Leading Cosmetic and Personal Care Companies:
- Benefit Cosmetics
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Estée Lauder Companies
- Henkel Beauty Care
- Independent Beauty Association (New York, NY)
- Rare Beauty Brands
- The Avon Company
A MUST ATTEND EVENT FOR
Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Industry
- In-House Counsel, including generalists and those having responsibility for FDA law and regulatory affairs; advertising and promotion; IP, Patents and Trademarks; Licensing and Business Development
- Officers, Directors and Executives for Regulatory Affairs; Quality Assurance; Research & Development; Business Development
Law Firm Attorneys for the Cosmetics and Personal Care Products Industry whose practices focus on:
- Advertising and Promotion – FTC
- Corporate Matters
- Patents and Trademarks
ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
Incoming federal and state legislative reforms increase regulatory pressures on the industry.
Federal legislative efforts for safety reforms for the cosmetics and personal care industries are still ongoing. Pending bills concerning ingredient safety, FDA authority, and animal testing are forcing changes in industry practices. Moreover, industry will take a closer look at the latest developments in OTC Monograph Reform including the FDA’s Deemed Final Orders and how this impacts the Cosmetics and Personal Care industries.
On the state front, legislative measures concerning sunscreen, anti-cruelty measures and consumer safety are gaining traction. California has taken the legislative lead in efforts to monitor potentially harmful ingredients in cosmetics and has also passed a very stringent consumer privacy law which will affect industry practices relating to consumer data. As a result, other states are aligning to enact similar measures.
Increasing consumer demand for clean, natural, and environmentally friendly products.
With no clear FDA guidance on what defines “clean” and “natural,” companies attempting to meet the customer demand for environmentally friendly products, amid regulatory uncertainty. As a result, retailers must now address clean beauty and sustainability by requiring companies to certify their products with their own standards, or the use of third-party verification seals.
Defending products and mitigating the risk of class action litigation.
The cosmetics and personal care industry is seeing a rise in class-action litigation activity, involving performance of products, false advertising, and mislabeling. examine the class action and prop 65 litigation outlook for cosmetics.
Attend ACI’s 9th Annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Cosmetics and Personal Care Products to ensure you receive timely advice from our prestigious faculty of government officials, consumer protection advocates, leading in-house counsel, and premier law firm attorneys. We have created this year’s agenda to include more interactive formats to enhance session content as well as your overall conference experience. We hope to see you this spring.
“Extremely informative with top notch panelists from all facets of the industry. Highly recommend!”
“Brought together a well informed bright group of people where you could learn from one another.”
“The choice of hot topics allowed for great discussions between speakers and participants.”
“Good presentations by subject matter experts on a wide variety of regulatory matters in the cosmetic world.”