GLOBAL CYBER SECURITY AND DATA PRIVACY CONCERNS WITH A FOCUS ON GDPR, EU – U.S. CROSSBORDER TRANSFERS AND PRIVACY SHIELD: MANAGING AN INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY PROGRAM AND PREPARING, COLLECTING, USING AND TRANSFERRING DATA ACROSS BORDERS
- Companies that transmit personal data from an EU member nation to the United States now have to comply with EU law on the security of that data.
- Starting in early 2018, the financial penalties and otherwise can be expected.
- “The Right to Be Forgotten”
- Privacy issues involved in conducting international investigation concerning discovery
- International v. National v. Localized policies and breach response plans
- Fitting corporate rules in the framework of international privacy regulatory requirements in a way that is practical, compliant, and cost effective.