Claims Substantiation Master Class
What is it about?
(Registration Begins at 12:30 pm)
Claims substantiation remains an important issue for the dietary supplements industry. Not only must practitioners steer clear of disease claims, but they must also ensure that claims are adequately substantiated in an environment where the level of appropriate substantiation can be uncertain and frequently challenged by regulators and consumers. Consumer watch dog groups, enforcement agencies, and the plaintiffs’ bar are always on the prowl for false
advertisement of claims.
In the post-Bayer, now Prevagen era, the dietary supplements industry must be able to meet the current demands of claims substantiation. Ensure your dietary supplement products’ claims are fully compliant by devising programs that cover all aspects of advertising and media.
Points of discussion will include:
- Crafting a compliance program to ensure claims are fully substantiated
- Understanding the scientific evidentiary support needed to ensure claims are supported
- Evaluating clinical study data interpretation and how results apply to your claims
- Identifying implied claims and their hidden dangers
- Review of promotional activities and claims across various media outlets and social media platforms that have raised red flags with government enforcers and consumer watchdogs
* Lunch provided for speakers and attendees for Post-Conference Workshops A & B