The Latest on Cyber Oversight Needed at the Board Level and Trends in Cyberbreach-Related D&O Cases (Public and Private)
What is it about?
- Handling cyber business interruption and cyber operational risks
- Understanding at the board level what those operational risks are
- Management procedures for preventing and addressing consequences when they do happen
- Ensuring adequacy of a company’s cybersecurity measures
- What is the board’s role in cybersecurity
- Tracing the evolution of board oversight
- Where are we today?
- What does board preparedness mean for D&O underwriting and claims?
- Predicting where the issues may arise and helping clients understand where the risks are
- What types of cover are out there?
- What are the limits of liability?
- Which policy responds and how?
- The potential for a significant wave of derivative and class action suits stemming out of cyber breaches
- SEC’s focus on cybersecurity and cybersecurity disclosures