Covid-19 Impact on Drug & Medical Device Litigation
Embracing the New Normal: Establishing Best Practices for Efficient and Successful Virtual/Remote Trial Practice
Due to this year’s pandemic, many attorneys and courts have had to quickly embrace a “new normal” which relies largely on virtual and remote trial practice. As we all become more comfortable with virtual proceedings and procedures, we may likely see a more permanent shift in this direction in the longer term. This panel will share strategies that can be employed to conduct successful and efficient virtual or remote trial practice going forward. Tune in as the panelists address:
- How has Covid-19 affected drug and medical device litigation practice from a practical standpoint?
- How are we likely to refocus how we’re approaching trial practice in the longer term?
- Strategies and best practices for:
- Remote discovery
- Preparing witnesses remotely
- Engaging in virtual depositions, mediations, oral arguments, etc.
- Identifying the biggest challenges to virtual trial practice and tools for overcoming them
- Assessing whether the value of seeing someone in person is outweighed by the economic savings of not traveling and doing things virtually/remotely