Roundtable Discussion on the Trump Administration and Sanctions: First Three Months in Review
Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary, Counter Threat Finance and Sanctions, Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs
US Department of State (Washington, DC)
- Will the Russia-related sanctions be repealed or will Congress be able to bind them? What does the February 2017 ‘limited exceptions’ for exporters mean in practice?
- Iran: how feasible is it to re-impose? To what extent can and will the Administration slow them down?
- Will Obama’s Executive Order on Sudan be repealed?
- What does Trump’s “business first” principles mean for Cuba? Will there be pressure on the island to give more if there is to be further liberalization?
- How will Europe react and what a increasingly divergent US/EU paradigm mean for your business