BE A PART OF THE NATION’S LEADING EPLI FORUM.
ACI’s 25th anniversary installment has a new home at the Intercontinental Times Square and is stacked with top speakers from all over the nation to ensure you are prepared to manage and defend against the increasing number of EPLI claims being filed.
The program has been revamped and updated to include enhanced industry perspectives and account for new developments, strategies and industry trends. Claims professionals, underwriters, risk managers, in-house counsel and outside counsel must thoroughly understand the ever changing EPLI market with new coverage options, ways to reduce costs of defending against and settling EPLI claims, and how to minimize exposure to risk.
New sessions for this year include:
- Significant legal and regulatory developments from the past year and what’s ahead for 2017: new legislative rules and proposals, a review of the year’s most important case law, and EEOC, NLRB and DOL trends and priorities and their impact on EPLI
- Wage & hour and EPLI: recent market and coverage needs, what underwriters are looking at in evaluating wage & hour risk, mitigating exposure to claims and what lies ahead in W&H insurance
- Pregnancy/maternity discrimination claims and the intersection with the ADA/FMLA: reasonable accommodations; pregnancy disability leave issues; the latest EEOC guidance and state/local anti-discrimination and leave requirements
- LGBT issues in today’s workplace: heightened focus on sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression discrimination claims
- The fissured workplace and the expanding scope of joint employer liability: crucial considerations for franchisors/franchisees, latest guidance on who is a joint employer and implications for employers from a policy perspective
- Pay equity: the rise in compensation discrimination claims and the impact on EPLI
- ADA, FMLA and worker’s compensation: coverage complexities, “hot button” accommodation issues, website accessibility claims and solutions for minimizing exposure to disability discrimination/FMLA claims
- Retaliation and whistleblower claims: expanding scope of anti-retaliation provisions, underwriting coverage, managing risks through employment policies/training, reporting processes for employee complaints & internal investigations and beyond
- Religious and national origin discrimination and EPLI implications
- Privacy, data protection and social media in the workplace: avoiding privacy-based disputes and security breaches, the line between what is work and personal, continued NLRB scrutiny and interplay with EPLI coverage/claims
- The tripartite relationship between carriers, insureds and defense counsel in EPL insurance claims
Register now by calling 1-888-224-2480 or by faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563. You can also register online.