Obtain insights on how to prevent, manage and defend against rising, costly ERISA disputes
In the past year, the ERISA litigation landscape has seen more than its share of upheavals and changes. The DOL has introduced rules relative to fiduciaries and claims procedures for disability plans. Practitioners anxiously await the fate of these rules under the new era of Trump and DOL director Alexander Acosta. On the litigation front, the stakes are now higher than ever as plaintiffs formulate different theories of liability and find newer defendants to pursue.
ACI’s now yearly forum will help you devise the strategies you need in this evolving and ever-changing landscape. This conference is your only opportunity in 2018 to network with in-house and insurance company executives and receive the highest-level insight from leading outside counsel and prestigious jurists with knowledge in the ERISA arena.
No other event on market takes a deep dive specifically into the complexities and nuances of ERISA litigation.
New sessions for this year’s revamped agenda include:
- 403(b) litigation involving university plans
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) litigation
- Executive and CEO Compensation from defined benefits and the resulting fallout from top-hat litigation
- Health plan litigation: mental health claims, recoupment of overpayment, and anti-assignment clauses
- Enforceability of arbitration clauses in the wake of US Supreme Court case Epiq Systems
- Article III standing in the ERISA context
- The gradual decline of multiemployer plans and the threat of eliminating “safe harbor” from state-sponsored plans
- Searching for missing plan participants
- Actuarial calculation of withdrawal liability for multiemployer plans following the groundbreaking NY Times case
Plus, new for this year: 1-hour CLE ethics credits built into the main conference agenda
What Past Attendees Say:
“I liked the speakers in general. They were very well experienced in their practice areas and very well informed about their topics.”
– Senior Claims Specialist, AXIS Insurance
“Topics and panelists are well chosen. Very collegial and informative.”
– Member, Miller & Chevalier
“High-level discussion with practice area leaders about the most cutting-edge issues in this space. Fantastic.”
– Partner, Spencer Fane LLP
Join our mailing list to stay up-to-date with new announcements on speakers and agenda. Register now to connect with the “who’s who” of the ERISA industry in NYC, and get updated on the current trends and latest developments.