The premier ERISA litigation conference’s Midwest installment, led by an unparalleled faculty of in-house counsel, federal judges, and the top outside counsel plaintiff and defense litigators and firms.
The latest round of ERISA claims and class actions are more complex than ever and the stakes involved for all parties are exceptionally high. There are huge variations in the types of cases that are arising, as well as substantive differences involved in defending against the various claims. In addition, the best plaintiff attorneys are involved in the cases Throw in the current ERISA “environment” (including growing ranks of retirement-age demographic) and it’s entirely evident that in defending and managing these complex claims, counsel for companies, plan fiduciaries, sponsors, administrators, advisors and insurers face a distinct uphill battle.
Now, more than ever, there is simply no room for error in litigating these claims. In response, American Conference Institute is proud to introduce the 14th installment of the only ERISA Litigation conference that goes extra mile and brings you the highest level judicial insights and maximum networking opportunities with in-house industry experts.
In addition to unparalleled networking opportunities, ACI’s 14th ERISA Litigation will provide attendees with the latest insights and expert advice from our exceptional faculty including on:
- Church Plan Litigation and the U.S. Supreme Court
- Challenges to Defined Benefit Plan De-Risking and Lee v. Verizon
- Cyber Exposures for Employee Benefit Plans
- University Fee Cases and Fiduciary Investment Litigation: Employer Stock, 401(k) Fee Cases, Settlement Practices and Excessive Fees
- Regulatory Enforcement Risk: Preparing for increased DOL Audits of ACA and Mental Health Parity Act: How to respond to letters, inquiries, investigations, and staying out of the cross hairs of HHS and the IRS
- INSURANCE: Assessing Current Coverage and Future Needs and Strategic Litigation and Settlement Considerations
- Withdrawal Liability and the Sun Capital Decision
- REMEDIES: Appropriate Equitable Relief Under ERISA After Montanile
- ESOP Transactions and Valuation Issues
- Medical Provider Claims: Assignment, Standing and Penalties
- Discovery Issues in Benefit Claim Actions: Conflict of Interest Discovery, Requests for Evidence Outside of the Record in Conflicts Situations, the Scope of the Administrative Record, and E-Discovery & Proportionality
- Working With Independent Fiduciaries to Protect Participants and Reduce Risk
- ETHICS and The Fiduciary Exception to Attorney-Client Privilege
This event will fill up quickly, so register now by calling 1-888-224-2480, faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563, or registering online.
505 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
American Conference Institute is pleased to offer our delegates a limited number of hotel rooms at a preferential rate. To book a room at the discounted rate please contact the hotel directly and mention “ACI’s ERISA conference” or you can book a room online using the reservation link provided below.