Balancing Parallel Proceedings: How to Navigate Criminal and Civil False Claims Interests
- Impact of the Yates memo to target individuals involved in corporate crimes
- How defense counsel should navigate the potential of parallel proceedings if same conduct alleged in a qui tam case can give rise to criminal liability
- Discussion of recent announcement of Leslie Caldwell relating to Criminal Division review of every qui tam complaint filed
- How to avoid pitfalls in communicating with Civil Division attorneys and criminal prosecutors on same matter
- How does decision whether to provide company employees with separate counsel in criminal matters complicate defense of civil False Claims Act case?
- How to turn existence of criminal investigation to your advantage in defense of qui tam cases (Rule 6(e) orders, SOL issues)