The New Reality of FARA Enforcement for Lawyers, Lobbyists, Consultants and PR Firms: What DOJ’s New Priorities Mean for Your Risk Calculus and Exposure
- Increasing risk exposure: What does the new environment mean for lawyers, lobbyists, consultants and PR firms?
- Addressing the significant change in the way FARA has recently been enforced
- Perspectives on the DOJ’s stance that a non-complying agent get into compliance amid DOJ’s continued investigation into whether or not that non-compliance has been willful
- Do these enforcement actions indicate where FARA enforcement and Congress may be headed?
- Practical implications of the recent restructuring of the DOJ’s FARA unit
- The most common defenses to a FARA enforcement action and their effectiveness