Attend the Go-To Event for FCPA & Anti-Corruption in the Life Sciences Industry
The USD half-billion FCPA settlement with a pharmaceutical giant multinational at the end of 2016 testifies to U.S. authorities’ continued focus on the life sciences industry in its pursuit of global anti-corruption violations. At the same time, the new U.S. administration has increased anxiety amongst anti-bribery and compliance experts regarding the nature of such enforcement. ACI’s Advanced Life Sciences Forum is as timely and pertinent as ever, and the industry’s anti-corruption practitioners ought to remain alert in the coming months. Consider just a few of the more recent developments:
- Teva’s $519 million enforcement included the second largest SEC disgorgement of all time ($236 million)
- A number of life sciences outfits were under active investigation for FCPA-related compliance breaches at the beginning of 2017, including: Orthofix, Merck & Co, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Sanofi SA, Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Cora Laboratories NV, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Alere, Misonix
- The DOJ’s one-year Pilot Program on voluntary self-disclosure will continue past its initial April 5 expiration date
- The recent issuance of new corporate compliance guidelines by the DOJ’s Fraud Section (Criminal Division) states criteria it frequently uses when evaluating compliance programs
- More generally, we can expect multi-jurisdictional/multi-national anti-corruption enforcement efforts to gain more prominence across industries following the first such action involving the Brazilian construction behemoth Odebrecht
Whether you are responsible for FCPA/anti-corruption compliance in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device or clinical research company, ACI’s 11th Advanced Forum on FCPA & Anti-Corruption in the Life Sciences Industry will benefit you as a gathering of senior decision-makers in the fields of anti-corruption, compliance and risk management. The event provides for its prominent speaker faculty and attendees the ideal forum for networking, sharing experiences of cutting-edge risk mitigation strategies and compliance programs, and exploring the challenges of doing business on a global scale.
Don’t miss this revamped event featuring several new panels to get up to speed on and thus be prepared to mitigate the risks involved in today’s most pertinent FCPA/anti-corruption matters in the life sciences industry!
Park Lane Hotel (New York)
36 Central Park S, New York, NY 10019, USA
American Conference Institute is pleased to offer our delegates a limited number of hotel rooms at a preferential rate. To take advantage of these rates please contact the hotel directly and mention "ACI's FCPA Life Sciences Conference”