Track 1: The Anatomy of Whistleblower Complaints and Hotlines – The Good, The Bad & The Ugly: Practitioners Share Lessons Learned When Conducting Interviews, Managing Claims and the Reward Process
Chief, Office of the Whistleblower
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Brian E. Kowalski
Latham & Watkins LLP
Rita D. Mitchell
Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP (UK)
- Maximizing the use and effectiveness of hotlines
- Internal reporting vs. proceeding directly to an SEC complaint
- Are whistleblower complaints and internal reporting mechanisms competing systems?
- Have more employees reported directly to the agencies after recent rulings and awards; if so, why?
- To what extent whistleblower complaints are an accurate measure of workplace culture?
- What are the public and corporate impacts of whistleblower awards?