How Cross-Border Investigations are Now Unfolding in Practice: Practical Guidance for Multinationals and their Advisors Post-U.S. v. Hoskins
What is it about?
- Lessons learned from the rise in multi-jurisdictional prosecutions and international coordination
- Revisiting your disclosure calculus in response to recent developments and US DOJ policy implementation
- U.S. v. Hoskins: The scope of FCPA application
- Mitigating the risk of “double jeopardy”: When a company can receive a “coordinated” fine or settlement rather than fines by multiple enforcement bodies
- How to respond to conflicting demands by different enforcement agencies
- The most essential, must-have skills and tools to manage an investigation across countries and enforcement agencies
- Cooperation conundrums: Compelled testimony and admissibility across borders, transfer of confidential information, cross-border misalignment of privileges (privilege of location), etc.
- Best practices for selecting and managing outside counsel
- Hypothetical case example: A practical illustration of how a case is likely to be handled in the US vs. France vs. Brazil vs. UK vs. China