Workshop B — The New Requirements and Expectations for ESG Programs: ”Closed Door” Discussions on the Legal, Compliance and Business Implications, the FCPA Interplay and Best Practices
An increase in SEC, investor, shareholder and more stakeholders’ focus on ESG has further emphasized the link between FCPA compliance and ESG programs. This in-depth benchmarking session will provide real-world takeaways on how to manage new, emerging challenges confronting industry.
In addition to extended Q&A, concrete examples and smaller-group discussion, benefit from “behind the scenes” insights on the success stories and compliance missteps that can hinder program effectiveness.
Topics will include:
- Addressing the “E” in ESG: Concrete examples of policies and protocols
- Leveraging data to assess potential violations, climate risks and compliance issues
- How to improve your current third party questionnaires to capture ESG concerns
- Ensuring a cohesive workflow that can capture and assess FCPA, anti-corruption and ESG risks
- Identifying potential human rights risks associated with business operations and conducting human rights impact assessments
- Assessing self-reported information provided by third parties, and supporting it with independent checks
- Measuring the overall level of ESG risk posed by a third party
- Leveraging anti-corruption compliance resources for ESG purposes
- Determining your organization’s ESG risk tolerance
- Key considerations for developing a best-in-class ESG program
- How a company’s reporting on ESG activities can affect the accuracy of its books and records