News and Updates
DOJ Confirmed to Speak at ACI’s FCPA and Anti-Corruption For the Life Sciences Industry Conference
The Premier Gathering for the Life Science Anti-Corruption Community
The 19th Annual FCPA & Anti-Corruption for the Life Sciences Industry is the premier event for legal and compliance professionals from pharmaceutical, medical device, CRO, and biotechnology companies to connect, compare notes and expand their networks.
The 2024 program will stand apart, featuring practical, carefully researched content based on our key findings from multiple conversations with life sciences anti-corruption players. Our experts will probe only the most cutting-edge strategies and emerging trends.
Assistant Chief, FCPA Unit, Fraud Section, Criminal Division
U.S. Department of Justice
Claudius O. Sokenu
Executive Vice President, Chief Legal and Compliance Officer, Corporate Secretary
Executive Director, Head of Compliance, R&D, Global Medical, External Funding and Global Functions
Compliance Director, Latin America
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Global Head of Investigations
Senior Director, Regional Sector Lead
Johnson & Johnson
Raquel Zambrano de Leon
Ethics, Risk & Compliance, Innovative Medicines Head for Canada and Latin America
Vice President, Associate General Counsel and Global Head of Ethics and Compliance
ICON Plc (Ireland)
FRESH TOPICS FOR 2024
- DOJ/OIG Compliance Update Best-Practices: Putting DOJ and HHS-OIG Compliance Program Protocols into Action: Key Differences, Potential Pitfalls, and New Implementation Hurdles
- International Life Science Sector Anti-Corruption Compliance Considerations: Measuring Top-Down Effectiveness and Individual/Corporate Transparency of Compliance Controls and Real-World Takeaways for Pressure-Testing Your International Program Amid Increased Global Anti-Corruption Efforts
- China Hypotheticals: The Anti-Corruption Crackdown in China and Nightmare Scenarios: How Companies Are Now Approaching High Stakes, Intensifying Legal and Compliance Risks
- Voluntary Disclosures: Understanding “Prompt Reporting”, Cooperation Credit, Remediation and When to Engage Outside Counsel
- Executing Emerging Technology in Life Sciences Operations: Detecting FCPA Data Triggers and Other Data-Driven Fraud Anomalies with Data Automation, Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
- Compensation Clawbacks in The Life Sciences Context: The Latest on Resolving Compliance Dilemmas, Implementation Challenges and Conflicts with International Employment Law
- Cross-Border Data Privacy & Cyber Breaches: False Claims Act (FCA) Liability, Cyber Breach Security and China’s New PIPL Measures-and the Interplay with Anti-Corruption
- Life Science M&A/Joint Venture Due Diligence Best-Practices: High-Stakes Decision-Making Around DOJ’s Safe Harbor Policy, Dealmaking Compliance, Privacy, and Post-Transaction Protocols
Practical Implications of the Department of Justice’s M&A Safe Harbor Policy
On Oct. 4, 2023, Deputy Attorney General (DAG) Lisa Monaco announced a new Department of Justice policy intended to incentivize acquiring companies to voluntarily self-disclose criminal misconduct uncovered during a merger or acquisition. But it comes with a caveat that could have more of a chilling effect on
Benefit from 1:1, large and smaller-group networking and benchmarking with senior in-house decision-makers from pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies, and CROs! Compare notes, share “war stories” and hear lessons learned for mitigating heightened global compliance risks.
Join the go-to event of the year for the life sciences industry!
Accreditation will be sought in those jurisdictions requested by the registrants which have continuing education requirements. This course is identified as nontransitional for the purposes of CLE accreditation.