Workshop B — Using Your Data Analytics Capabilities to Measure the Effectiveness of Your Compliance Program: A Complete Guide to Using Metrics and KPIs to Evaluate Risk Detection and Compliance Red Flags
Workshops are In-Person only and will not be Livestreamed
- Updated DOJ guidance stresses to companies the importance of leveraging data analytics and other objective evidence to demonstrate a compliance program is working effectively and manages its compliance risks. As such, metrics-driven solutions are needed to align compliance accountability; and embed a proactive compliance function on the first line of defense.
- By utilizing compliance metrics to identify corruption risks early, companies are in a better position to reduce risks and understand whether the correct controls are in place.
- During this workshop, participants will benefit from a step-by-step guide to leveraging data analytics to measure the effectiveness of a compliance program-and implement the necessary upgrades.
- Topics will include:
- Using data feeds for continuous risk re-assessments and monitoring program upgrades
- Concrete examples of metrics used for assessing and analyzing risk
- Leveraging data analytics for re-assessing risks and identifying compliance weak spots
- Updating your potential risk contact points that exist throughout your company
- Assessing the current controls in place to prevent, detect, and correct violations
- Determining and prioritizing the compliance enhancement measures you undertake
- Updating your risk assessment periodically
- Determining which compliance metrics to measure, and comparing them to industry standards and benchmarks for improved predictability
- Assembling qualitative data-gathering tools – such as surveys and questionnaires – to encourage adaptability and accountability