Comprehending the Tech in Fintech Boot Camp: A Complete Guide for Lawyers and Compliance Professionals on the Technologies Underlying Fintech Payment Systems
General Counsel, Chief Compliance and Corporate Development Officer
Ingo Money, Inc. (Atlanta, GA)
Oscar Jofre Jr.
Co-Founder, President/CEO, Fintech, Altfi, ICO/ITO Blockchain
KoreConX (New York, NY)
What is it about?
In order to provide accurate and effective advice to your company or clients, it is essential that you have an in-depth understanding of the technologies underlying new and emerging payment systems and FinTech. Participate in this interactive boot camp and gain an essential working knowledge of the technologies that are used in a wide range of innovative Fintechs and payment systems. You will learn how the underlying technology impacts legal and compliance considerations.
Topics to be covered include:
- Analyzing the technology associated with fintechs such as:
- Mobile apps, mobile payments and mobile wallets
- Near field communications (NFCs)
- Banking Application Program Interfaces (APIs)
- Push payments
- Same day ACH
- Fund transfers
- Assessing which regulatory bodies govern these technologies, and examining the regulatory considerations related to:
- AML compliance
- Fraud prevention
- Cybersecurity and data privacy
- UDAAP disclosures / other disclosures
- Examining the regulatory gaps and clarifying areas of uncertainty in relation to new technologies